Book sale oddments!
Posted by stuff4sam on July 25, 2006
The office book sale has nearly made £250! A pretty amazing figure considering books are only 50p each.
There has been a quick turn-over of particular types of books but others have sat on the shelf for a while. Can’t think why the following haven’t sold:
- The Execution of Private Slovik – 1950s second world war epic
- Dog Days at the White House – the bestselling memoirs of the Presidential kennel keeper
- The Moonbather – part of the Last of the Summer Wine series
- The IRA – an intimate account
- The Two – biography of the original siamese twins
Another classic book in the box was ‘Satan and the Swastika’. This was recently spotted secondhand on Amazon going for £195! Apparantly it is rare and collectable! Someone got a real bargain and a cracking good read. The back page promised the answer to a time honoured question – was Hitler was a psychic vampire? Answers on a postcard please…..