Posted by stuff4sam on April 2, 2007
It seemed like the right time to take a good look at how we have raised £20,000 for Sam. So, here it is: stats4sam!
- Stuff4Sam starts – we have lots of great ideas for how to reach our target of £8,000!
- Our first unwanted Christmas presents sale raises £1310.
- The office swear box gets to £80 in three weeks – hmm.
- Henny’s mad-cap arctic adventure raises £7000 in two months!
- The London bookbox gets started with the aim of raising £100.
- The stuff4sam website is launched.
- Hugh’s 120-mile bike ride makes £1200.
- We reach our £10,000 target!
- Debbie and Jane run the Women’s 10k and raise £450.
- Our JustGiving page closes at the start of the month on a total of £10,870.
- Arlo does two sponsored walks and raises £200 (and he’s not even two!).
- The Peterborough scarf sale raises £200.
- The London office craft fair raises £900. People come to do their Christmas shopping and to feast on cake!
- A good time is had by all at the Stuff4Sam party, it raises £2000 in one night!
- Christmas party and secret santa donations make £150.
- Unwanted presents sales in Peterborough and Birmingham raise £260 and £150 respectively.
- London unwanted presents sale raises £800, the lucky dip is the surprise money-maker of the afternoon!
- Peterborough easter egg and cake sale raises £115, a print floor collection raises a further £35.
- Book box sales total £1600 (and counting).
- We reach our £20,000 target!
There have also been multiple team birthday and leaving collections donated to Sam as well as countless one-off donations from Sam’s friends, family and people who have been touched by his story.
Wow! It’s amazing when you think it started so small. Huge thanks to everyone who has donated or done something fabulous to raise money for Sam.
£30,000 here we come with other events, physical challenges and sales planned for 2007!